At the Finders Keepers market, our aim is to provide our visitors with a diverse range of creative work. Over the years this has given us a strong reputation in the art and design community, as a solid opportunity for emerging designers to gain exposure and develop their brand presence. It’s an opportunity for stallholders to interact directly with their customers, and provides an important channel of insight to you, while your work is experienced by a wider audience.
As a result, we take our application process quite seriously. If you’ve never applied for the market before, please don’t be scared! We LOVE to hear from new artists and designers. We are keen to support all of our stallholders, both new and experienced. We have provided extensive information regarding the application process as well as our selection criteria, and we are constantly updating our resources and benefits for stallholders.
Have a read through below and please feel free to get in touch with us with any questions or advice.
Stallholder Selection Criteria
We are looking for:
- Creative and original work; independent designs, or products of a handmade nature.
- Products and items that fit in with the overall vision of the Finders Keepers; innovative and original.
- Presentation and professionalism with finished product, including the presentation of images or collateral used for marketing.
- Cohesiveness and consistency with your work as a whole.
- Commitment to independent design, adopting and/or using traditional crafts, new technologies in art and design, innovative methods of making.
- Lack of similarity to products already in the marketplace. Show us that your work avoids saturated trends.
- Appropriate, suitable and commercially viable items, including appropriate price points for the markets.
- If you’re submitting a shared application, the combined quality of the group has to meet our criteria. We will look at the application as a whole, and not consider the individual applications. (We will either approve or not approve the group/ shared application as a whole).
- Applications must include clear information about your products. This must include how they are made and clear, consistent imagery that complements your work.
- As our commitment is to new, emerging designers, they receive preference over designers or artists who are already well-established*.
- One application per person/ designer collective only. You can not apply more than once under a different name.
- We can accept independent stores representing independent designers, provided all of the information is supplied to represent these designers in the application. In the case that one of the designers you have mentioned has also applied successfully for the markets independently, we insist on you excluding their goods from your store should your application also be successful.
- If you're a return stallholder, we need to see that your work has progressed since participating in any past events. Show us that you are offering new products, or have developed variations on designs so that we keep the markets fresh, new and exciting for our returning customers.
- All applications are judged based on required diversity for the markets. Similar applications will be assessed based on the criteria and the number of applicants in the same category. Over-saturated categories (like jewellery) for this reason can be very competitive.
- All products must be ethically produced either locally or overseas. Please provide evidence of this in your application where possible. For beauty products we require you to arrange your own health compliance certificates appropriate to your chosen industry.
- Designers applying must be Australian or New Zealand residents only, you cannot sell on behalf of other designers overseas.
* Established labels are usually defined as 10+ years of trading.