Welcome to The Finders Keepers website (located at www.thefinderskeepers.com) (website) operated by The Finders Keepers Markets Pty Ltd.
There are two general ways to interact with our website, namely:
1. as a member of the general public who views our website or more actively comments on blog posts; or
2. as a designer who wishes to apply to have a stall at one of The Finders Keepers markets (Stall).
In the course of interacting with our website, we may collect personal information about you to allow us to provide you with our services.
Information that we collect and how we collect it
1. Personal information
If you are applying to have a Stall at one of our markets, we may collect the following types of information via the stallholder’s application form on our website:
• first and last name
• information to be placed on your designer profile page (if applicable) which contains details about your design background, your products, your email address, your website and other information as entered by you (the Designer Profile Page).
• postal address
• date of birth
• telephone or mobile number
• website address
• email address
• photographs of yourself, your brand and promotional material and/or the products you sell
For other users of our website, you may provide to us your email address if you are going to be commenting on our blog or if you have requested to be on our mailing list via our Website.
2. Technical information
When using websites, mobile applications, internet services and the like, the software automatically creates and records some information. Our website is no exception and some of the types of information we may record are:
• Log Data. When you visit our website, as a registered user or as a visitor just browsing, our servers automatically record information about how you use our website, including your Internet Protocol address, what website you were visiting before you accessed our website, which browser you use and when you visited our website.
• Information about your device. We may also collect information about what kind of device you are using to view our Website (such as a PC, mobile phone or tablet), what operating system you are using (such as iOS, Windows or Android) and what your device settings are to assist in the functionality of our website. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on the type of device you use and its settings.
Sensitive personal information:
We will not collect sensitive personal information such as your race, ethnicity, religion, political affiliations, sexual preferences, criminal records or your medical history.
Unsolicited personal information:
If we receive personal information that we did not solicit, we will within a reasonable period of time determine whether we would have collected that information for our business. If we would not have collected that information, we will destroy the information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
Use of your personal information:
If you have applied for a Stall at one of our markets, the information that you provide to us in the application form may be used to:
1. Make an assessment as to whether your application matches our criteria to be granted a Stall. For example, we will take into consideration your design influences, current trading details, prices and photographs of work in deciding whether to accept your application;
2. Contact you about the outcome of your application and if successful, send you invoices and booking details; and/or
3. Be placed on your Designer Profile Page. You have full control as to what appears on your Designer Profile Page and we will not place information on it without your consent or authorisation. You can also request that it be removed at any time by emailing us.
If you have provided us your email address because you have commented on one of our blogs, your email address will be used to contact you if we need to, such as to notify you that your comment has been approved by moderators or if it has not been approved. Your email address will not be made available to the public if you comment on our blog.
We will not send you marketing materials unless you have specifically authorised us to do so by joining or opting into our mailing lists.
You may choose to sign up to receive newsletters from us. We have two mailing lists:
1. a general mailing list which includes email addresses from anyone who wishes to sign up; and
2. a specific mailing list which includes email addresses from designers that have had a Stall in the past who choose to be a part of the mailing list.
Whether you are a designer or a member of the public, we will not add your email address to any mailing list unless you specifically authorise us to do so by “opting in”.
If you have authorised us to add your email address to our mailing lists, you may remove your email address from the list by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in all newsletters that we send to you.
Use of technical information:
We may use the technical information collected by our website to determine how many people view our Website and how the user arrived at our Website.
Disclosure of your personal information to third parties:
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent. We do not sell your information to other parties.
The only information that will be available publicly is information that you allow to be placed on your Designer Profile Page, such as your email address.
Email addresses disclosed to us from users who comment on our blog posts will not be displayed to the public.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia:
We will not transfer your personal information outside Australia. However, given that our website is accessible by anyone overseas, if you are a designer with a profile page, your personal information may be visible to overseas residents.
Disposal of your personal information:
After each market has ended, we generally delete all application forms and images connected to the application forms from our server unless we have business reasons to keep that information.
We may also retain general information such as your name, email address, postal address for recurring invoicing and sending you newsletters if you have opted in to receive them.
Third Party Websites:
We may provide links to third party websites such as websites of designers which may have different privacy practices than us. Naturally, we do not have any control over these third party websites and they may place their own cookies and other files on your computer, and ask you for additional information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of these third party websites and encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites yourself.
Accuracy and quality of your personal information:
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete.
Updating or correcting your personal information:
You can change information on your Designer Profile Page whenever you like by completing an online form.
If you do not have a Designer Profile Page but have provided us with personal information that you would like to update, please also Contact Us.
Security of your personal information:
All information that you provide to us via our online forms are stored in our databases which are accessible by our staff members. However, information that you permit to be displayed on your designer profile page are accessible by the general public.
If you would like to remove your Designer Profile Page, please Contact Us.
Update to this policy:
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or concerns about the way in which we handle your personal information, you may Contact us at any time.