Application Criteria for Food & Drink Stallholders
In addition to our design stalls, The Finders Keepers has grown to also attract a number of high quality food and beverage stalls.
Our food section is hugely popular at all our events and constantly growing in demand. It remains incredibly important to us that all food-related stalls demonstrate a clear understanding of high design-orientated standards throughout the product, presentation and packaging.
Finders Keepers is a great way for you (food stallholders) to interact directly with new and existing audiences, gain face-to-face feedback and have a whole lot of fun while your products are being propelled to thousands of people.
A large part of maintaining our superior standard at events is due to the care and commitment we take with our application process. It's a serious business and a big job!
We LOVE to hear from new products that can range from lovingly made products, seller grown goods and artisan consumables. This type of application is open for: food, beverages, food based products, herbs and plants.
We've provided extensive information regarding the application process as well as our selection criteria specifically designed for food applications below.
Please have a read through the criteria and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or need further advice.
What we're looking for:
- Creative, original and thoughtfully-designed food-related products and operations.
- Food-related products that maintain a 'maker' or 'artisan' aspect.
- Food-related products that fit within the overall vision of The Finders Keepers and maintain high design presentation standards.
- Handmade, ethical and/or beautifully designed product, packaging and presentation.
- Professionalism with finished product, including professional quality of images or collateral used for marketing your brand.
- We also expect to see how your product is displayed, whether at an event or in a merchandised setting so we can determine suitability. This can also include branding and packaging of your product that tells the entire story.
- Appropriate, suitable and commercially viable items, including appropriate price points for the marketplace.
- Please note: We no longer approve shared or split stalls. We do however, accept collaborative stalls but they must all be inclusive in the one application and will be considered as our Feature 6m x 3m Stall only.
- Ready-to-eat food products are permitted, which could be prepared and sold on site, or prepared and heated on site. Please note that no flame-based cooking is permitted. BBQ and gas cooking is not permitted in Melbourne or Brisbane.
- Food and Drink products and Liquor products stalls do not include power and will need to be purchased through additional hire.
- A medium power package is included in Food Truck, RTE or RTD stallholder fees. Any requirements over the Medium usage will need to be pre-ordered and paid for prior to the event. This includes 3 - 5 outlets (a mixture of 10 and 15 amps): usually $250.
- You will only be accepted if you have certification and insurance that is relevant to the city which you are applying for.
- In addition to Finders Keepers’ application process, each stall will be reviewed by our host venues for eligibility prior to any approval.
- Upon successful application, you will be able to arrange Cool Room Hire or Power at an additional cost.
- Preferred packaging is to be certified commercially compostable and or recyclable.
- Single-use plastic will not be permitted onsite.
- Drinks MUST be limited to 2 options (No Coca-Cola Amatil products or plastic-bottled beverages are permitted on-site).
- If accepted to the markets, we offer furniture rentals and other amenities. Possibilities include: tables, chairs, coolroom shelves, and upgraded power requests. These options vary and are limited per venue. If your application is successful, please opt in to request these when you accept your offer.