Indigenous Program Application Criteria
Finders Keepers is dedicated to nurturing and growing the support for Indigenous makers in Australia. We aim to provide visitors with a diverse range of creative work. Over the past ten years, we’ve built a strong reputation in the art and design community as a key platform for emerging business owners to gain exposure and develop a brand presence in a competitive marketplace.
In 2018, we launched a new Finders Keepers Indigenous Program.
This program sets out to encourage and support Indigenous makers and provide a platform with a dedicated audience to support their commercial endeavours. Recipients in this program will receive a sponsored stall position at Finders Keepers market in their dedicated city, support with stall design and development as well as marketing and media support.
Read more about the valuable opportunities to be gained by applying for the Finders Keepers Indigenous Program here.
What we’re looking for within applications:
- Recipients can be individual Indigenous makers, and/or an Art Centre or organisation that promotes and sells the work of Indigenous artists and makers.
- Indigenous, First Nations owned and run, artists and centres only.
- Creative and original work that highlights; independent designs, or products of a handmade nature;
- Work that uses traditional process and materials;
- Innovative and original work; contemporary design products and items that fit in with the overall vision of the Finders Keepers; items suitable for the retail market space, eg fashion, design and craft objects.
- Artists/designers that are at the beginning of their commercial career are encouraged to apply. Those in remote areas without the support of design, development and guidance of this nature are encouraged to apply.
In addition, you must demonstrate and/or supply:
- Information about your products; including how products are made, where they are made, as well as clear, consistent imagery that complements your work;
- Images of your products in production, or your workspace if made by hand (whatever is most relevant);
- Website address and social media handles - we may also view these platforms as part of the process to determine the suitability of your brand/business for the marketplace;
If you fit the criteria above, you're welcome to submit to The Finders Keepers an Expression of Interest. Please fill out the form below.